Presentation Skills Training
Powerful, purposeful performance-filled presentations
Scottish Media Training offers a highly participative programme targeting personnel who want to make their business presentations outstanding. Our unique one day course combines a “creative slide content” workshop which releases your creative skills and tap into your performance talents. Together, our workshops combine to make each delegate’s presentation an unmissable event.
9.30am – 5pm Includes pre-course briefing. Max 8 delegates.
By the end of the workshop delegates will have confirmed how to:
- Release their unique creativity to design compelling visual content.
- Use story-boarding techniques to create a powerful narrative.
- Structure clear, uncluttered, memorable slides.
- Ensure their slides are aligned with their business brand.
- Prepare and structure a presentation with confidence and commitment.
- Use presentation equipment, visual aids and confidence cards effectively.
- Open, deliver and close a presentation while maintaining composure, poise, interest and audience participation.
- Use their personal brand and natural personality to achieve freshness, professionalism and clarity.
- Deal effectively with audience participation and questions.
- Support their organisation’s strategic and operational goals.
- Releasing creativity.
- Designing compelling visual content.
- Professional design techniques.
- Structuring and planning the delivery.
- Beginning and ending strongly.
- Relaxing and overcoming nervous tension.
- Choosing the right words, voice and body language.
- Maintaining interest, variety and commitment.
- Using natural personality.
- Tailoring the delivery with multiple practice sessions.
- Handling participation (including tough questions). • Delivering team presentations.
By the end of the workshop each delegate will have assembled video evidence to demonstrate their improvement in all aspects of presentation design and delivery.
*Delegates must bring a laptop with PowerPoint and we will require wifi/internet access during the workshop.
Who should attend?
Any member of staff who wants to make their business presentations outstanding and produce creative, compelling thought-provoking slides.
These high-energy and interactive workshops are delivered using a mixture of trainer inputs, discussion, group and individual exercises (all videoed), designed to encourage maximum participation and to allow delegates to practise their unique design and delivery skills. Pre-workshop requirements* Delegates need to supply two slides that are typical in terms of their style and prepare a four minute business presentation to bring to the workshop.